Getting your home prepared to sell can be a daunting task, but implementing even some of these 10 hardcore home staging tactics can not only get your home sold quicker, it can help get your home sold for top dollar!
1. Check out the competition and see what’s out there.
2. Create a staging plan, just like a pro would.
3. Get (and follow) professional advice. We can help you or recommend a professional stager.
4. Eliminate the excess and eliminate items you haven’t used. You’ll be glad you did come moving day!
5. Pre-pack personal items. Decluttering and depersonalizing are essential. You want potential home buyers to envision your home as their own.
6. Clear off counter space. Less is more!
7. Clean inside and out, including garages, side yards and outdoor spaces.
8. Dive into trim and details early. Touch up trim, baseboards, fix loose knobs or pulls, ensure locks are working, replace or clean up outdoor accents or mailboxes.
9. Shoot sample photos. Gives you an idea of what your home looks like to potential buyers.
10. Be brutally honest with yourself. We know it’s not easy!